This feature is available on these plans: ✔️ Scaling ✔️ Enterprise
Version Links is a feature that allows you to create multiple versions of a Space.
Let's say that you have a Developer Guide space but soon enough you release different versions of that product.
To keep the history and backward compatibility, you can create Developer Guide v1.0, Developer Guide v2.0, etc., and set your main space version as default.
The versions that are created are only clones of the space you are trying to fork from.
- Click on the gear icon ⚙️ for settings, then go to the Version Links tab, under SITE LINKS section
- Enable the version link feature for that space
- Start building the Version Links:
- Select the space you want to Clone from. This will let you select the current space or children of this space.
- Add a label (e.g., v1.0, User Guide v1.0, main, etc.)
- Select the space language (this option is available ONLY for the Enterprise plan)
- Click Create Version
- Repeat the add Version Link process, until you add create your desired structure
- Exit the Space Settings window, and publish the space, and they'll be propagated.
Once you have created a new version, your spaces will be grouped in your Side Navigation, and will also display the label that you provided. This way you will always be able to spot Spaces that have multiple versions, and also find them in a single place.
Once published you will be able to see the changes in public spaces. The versions will be displayed based on the context. If the Space does contain a Space Link and also has multiple versions, it will be displayed in the Space Link Tab: